June 27th, 2012
Our German Brunch and Update is coming up in a few days. We’ve been busy scoping out salami, cheese, mineral water, and trying to find the perfect breads (which actually don’t exist in Northwest Arkansas). We’re looking forward to sharing what God has done over the past few years in us, through our jobs, and in our relationships with students. We’re excited to share how God has worked through your support and prayer to work in the lives of Third Culture Kids.
If you’re planning to come and haven’t let us know yet, could you take a few minutes to RSVP? We’d hate to run short on butter or something.
Hope to see you Saturday!
You can RSVP on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/events/397847740251782/
June 11th, 2012
Yes we are! We arrived in Arkansas on Saturday evening after an uneventful day of traveling. We had a wonderful Sunday, full of some of our favorite places and people. Now we’re busy trying to make ourselves busy. We’re hoping to fit in as many visits with friends and family as we can.
We’ve changed some travel dates!
We had to change around our Oklahoma dates, so here’s our updated travel scheduled.
- Arkansas – June 11 to 16
- Oklahoma – June 17 to 25 (Tulsa on the 22nd and 23rd)
- Arkansas – June 26 to July 2
- Chicago – July 3 to 9
- Texas – July 10 to 17
- Colorado – July 18 to 24 (Based out of Larkspur, but planning to spend a couple days in the Ft. Collins area)
- Arkansas – July 25 to August 7
- Germany? – August 8
If you’d like to get together, give us a call or send us an email right now! We have very little scheduled at this point, so we’re probably even available for last minute things.
This summer, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and well as by phone. Israel’s number is 479-966-9381. My number is 479-301-0150.
How can you help?
We would love your prayers over the next few months as we raise support. It would be fabulous to have a group of people praying for us every day. Some things you can pray for are:
- Our diligence in connecting with people and seeking out new supporters
- Us to be patient, kind and loving toward each other
- God to bring in our needed support ($2,300 a month) by August 7th
- That we would be a blessing to the people we interact with
We have couple practical needs as well.
- We need a car to use in Arkansas from July 25th until we leave on August 8th
- We don’t have very many new contacts in the States; we have been living in Germany after all. It would be great to invite some new people to join our support team. If you happen to love hosting events and bringing people together, we could do a game or dessert get-together where we share our ministry with your peeps.
We’re looking forward to connecting with many of you over the next few months! See you soon. Continue reading